[Czuwaj] Tornado uderza w obóz skautów w Iowa - 4 ofiary śmiertelne, 50 rannych

Szary greywolf w tenbit.pl
Czw, 12 Cze 2008, 21:02:39 CEST

A ja właśnie w zeszły czwartek na szkoleniu ostrzegałem komendantów obozów, że również i w Polsce kwestia huraganów zaczyna być coraz istotniejsza...

Pełny opis na www.cnn.com i na liveleaku - ku przestrodze.

In what Iowa Gov. Chet Culver called "a blow right to the gut" Thursday morning, the storm killed four Boy Scouts and sent dozens of others to hospitals.

The tornado at the Little Sioux Scout Ranch killed Josh Fennen, 13, Sam Thomsen, 13, and Ben Petrzilka, 14, all of Omaha, Nebraska; and Aaron Eilerts, 14, of Eagle Grove, Iowa, who was a camp staff member, said Gene Meyer, Iowa public safety commissioner.

Forty-eight Scouts and staff members were injured.

After all 93 Scouts and staff members were accounted for, stories of heroism began to emerge.

"These young men ... literally saved lives during this time period when emergency management could not get to them," Culver said. They "were the real heroes. ...

"They immediately started helping each other in this time of need [and] set up their own mini-triage unit."

Rob Logsdon, a 15-year-old staff member at the camp, said although he was injured, he rescued some of his fellow Boy Scouts trapped underneath a collapsed chimney at one of the camp's four bunkhouses.

"I was standing up trying to pull bricks off the kids that were sitting there, and then I couldn't do any more because my hip and leg were hurting so badly," Logsdon told CNN's "American Morning." http://edition.cnn.com/2008/US/weather/06/12/severe.weather/index.html

Szary